Stabilise Your Mood & Prevent Type 2 and 3 Diabetes, Alzheimers and Dementia in Peri/menopause
Glucose Hacks! The Power Is On The Plate
Same meal, different effects on the body!
We can eat the exact same thing, but with a smaller glucose spike.
By doing so, we:
- Reduce our hunger for the rest of the day
- Reduce our cravings for the rest of the day
- Give our body more time in fat-burning mode
- Age more slowly
- Help our long-term health
The power is in the apple cider vinegar, the timing and the fibre.
So let’s talk about it.
GLUCOSE HACK # 1: APPLE CIDER VINEGAR BEFORE EACH MEAL
Add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a tall glass of water and drink ten minutes before meals.
If you can, add your insoluble and soluble fibre too.
My absolute favourite is a product called GI Restore.
I have no affiliation to this product or the company, but I love it.
So you can add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and somewhere between a teaspoon and a tablespoon of the GI Restore to a tall glass of water and drink that ten minutes before your meal.
Apple Cider Vinegar is said to be the best vinegar for Mast Cell Activation Syndrome and Histamine Intolerance. This is because it’s the lowest in histamine of the vinegars available. It is great in Peri/menopause as Histamine can be a real problem during this time. (Add excess Estrogen to excess Histamine and it’s a bad mocktail = increased allergy and oh boy the itch.)
GLUCOSE HACK # 2: CHANGE THE ORDER YOU EAT YOUR FOOD
Eat your food in the right order for incredible vitality in Peri/menopause and potential weight loss too by keeping glucose balanced.
This is how you do it:
- Veggies first, ideally green veggies first
- Protein and fat second
- Starches and sugars last
How does this work?
- Number one is fibre – the fibre in the veggies coat the small intestine
- Fat and proteins slows down gastric emptying
- Glucose from the rest of the meal is absorbed to a lesser and a smaller extent.
This method can result in a smaller glucose spike by up to 73%.
Focus on your vitality and achieve all this without changing anything you eat:
- Fuller for longer
- Curve cravings
- Better hormonal balance
- Better skin
- Fewer wrinkles
- Reduce inflammation
- Slower ageing
- Reduced risk of disease.
You can learn more here: https://www.clinicalnutritionjournal.com/article/S0261-5614(20)30299-5/fulltext
Our resources that can help you on your peri/menopause journey:
1. Join our Premium transformational program
2. If you don’t know where to start, do our Repair Your Gut and Increase Your Metabolism program
3. Purchase any of our resources to get you started:
4. Book a 1:1 Chaos to Calm consultation